2. Evaluate the social media landscape and decide what platforms will be good tools for the state council.
3. Work to understand and develop an effective strategy for use of new media, giving serious consideration as to how this impacts the roles of the council’s, technology director as well as the public relations director.
4. Develop a cyberspace persona and become immersed in the culture and use of new media as a representative of the council.
5. Work to educate other state council members about the use of new media, both from a technical prospective and from a business approach. Plan to host a session on new media at the state conferences.
6. Work to educate other local SHRM chapters about the use of new media, both from a technical prospective and from a business approach.
7. Develop and implement a strategy to use new media in promoting and presenting our state conference. This includes advocating for blog panels, free conference wireless internet and social media conference space.
8. Develop relationship with SHRM to understand SHRM’s position on social media, and to help promote this position at the state and local level.
9. Consult with other state council representatives to compare best practices on use of new media, in various applications, and how they are used to promote state councils. State conferences and chapters.
10. Work with the state conference director to ensure a strong social media presence at the
11. Performs other related projects as agreed upon.